Tuesday 15 April 2014

Glossybox April 2014 Review! || bckysklly





This months Glossybox has been dubbed the 'Sweet Treats' edition, which led me to have high expectations for the contents I'd be getting inside, sadly for the fouth month running, I've been left slightly let down by my box!




First of all, MONU Spa Warming Ginger Massage and Body Oil which retails at £25 for 100ml, and it's a 25ml sample that you receive in the box. I can't ever see myself using this product, as I've never been a fan of oils, and although this is labeled as a ginger fragrance, all I can smell is lemon drizzle cake! I'll probably try this out at some point, but for the near future this is going to sit with all my other unused Glossybox products!



Next is the MeMeMe Cosmetics Beat the blues in shade Pearl Pink. You can see straight off that this is a dupe for Benefits High Beam, a product that I use whenever I want my make up to have that little more of an edge. The consistency of this is completely different to High Beam, as it is much thinner but I think this would make it much better for every day use as it gives a more subtle finish to the skin. It's also a little pink-ier when swatched, but there isn't much noticeable difference when applied. This retails at £5.50 and it is a full sized product that you get. This is probably my favourite product in the box and a great (and cheap!) alternative to High Beam!



The next product is the TRESemme Instant Refresh Cleansing Dry Shampoo. This retails at £4.99 for 200ml and it's a travel sized 100ml that you get in the box. It's a little disapointing that you don't receive the full size of this, but it will be nice to try. Dry shampoo isn't something I use very often, as I wash my hair every day so I never really feel the need to have to freshen my hair up. I'm kind of put off by the smell of this as it smells exactly like TREsemme hairspray, and I think a dry shampoo should have a much fresher smell. I can see this is just going to sit on my dressing table for a while, but if it's still sitting there in August, I'm sure it will come in handy for Leeds Festival!

lo



This product is the one that has disappointed me most in the box. It's the Unica Cosmetics Radiance Plus. This is proof that there is no thought put into what products are being sent to each customer, as this is said to have 'a dramatic effect on fine lines & wrinkles' and at twenty years old, I don't think I'm going to need this yet! I felt the need to include two pictures of this, just to show the pitiful sample size that I was sent. This retails at £12.95 for 50ml and I was sent what I think is a 5ml sample. It smells awful and I know that this product is going to be thrown away and I'll probably use the tub for putting loose pigments in.


Last of all, is the second full size product in this box which is the EMITE MAKE UP Lip Brush - L312. I'm a tad skeptical about the £17 retail price that this have been given, as it's nowhere to be found online. I don't actually own a lip brush, as I always apply lipstick straight from the bullet so I'm definitely going to give it a try, I just wouldn't have ever dreamed of paying £17 for this!

Nothing in this months box has made me very excited, but I'm going to give Glossybox one last shot so I can redeem my Glossy dots for the May edition, which I'm hoping will be something special with it being the 3rd birthday box!
From looking at other reviews online, everyone has received exactly this month, with the slight change in a tube of fake tan for the anti-ageing cream, and no one else seems best pleased with this months selection.

Did you get anything different in your Glossybox this month? How did you feel about what you got? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment