Friday 1 March 2013

Lasting Finish Matte By Kate Moss Lipstick #107 Review || bckysklly

I've recently got really into wearing lipstick after never EVER wearing it. I fell in love with mac matte lipsticks but as I'm always on a budget I began looking for a cheaper alternative...cue Rimmel's AMAZING Kate Moss lipstick range.
I tried some of the shimmery kind of lip sticks but I just don't suit the pearlyness of it!
The Lasting Finish Matte range comes in 5 different colours and after loving colour 101 which is very similar to Mac's Pink Plaid I decided to go for a bit of a different look for me.
For ages I've been looking for a dark red lipstick and I've finally found one, which retails at around £5.49...more than half the price of a Mac lipstick! I fell in love with this lipstick as soon as I saw it.


The packaging is nice as it really stands out from all the usually black tubes (if that's even the correct word to use) of lipsticks and the little 'Kate' on it is a nice touch, as it is a range of colours designed by Kate Moss herself!
The colour is a dark cherry red, which is a nice alternative from the bold red lipstick which is quite popular these days. The lipstick is easy to apply and actually stays on for a good few hours before a reapply is needed. I wear it for work and I have a habit of pressing my lips together when I'm concentrating and it manages to withstand this! The only thing I'd recommend with this lipstick is that you EXFOLIATE A LOT before apply as because it is a matte lipstick it clings to the mingin' dry bits on your lips which isn't nice, but after a good scrub it stays on lovely!

As you can see, the colour is quite standout-ish although I don't think this picture does it much justice as it is a lovely dark red and it looks more pinky on here. I am DEFINITELY going to try and buy the rest of this range as soon as possible, because the lipsticks are just the same quality as higher range products like Mac for half the price, and it's always good to save a few pennies!

Have you tried anymore of this range, and if so, what's you're favourite colour?!



No comments:

Post a Comment